- McDonnell Apologizes for Taking Gifts and Money
- Rubio Hints at Government Shutdown Over Immigration
- Close Three-Way Senate Race in Kansas
- Police Union Won't Back Democratic Convention in Brooklyn
- Is Obamacare Helping Some GOP Governors?
Indiana: American Bridge Sends Talking Richard Mourdock Mailers
Posted at 12:01 a.m. on Nov. 1, 2012
Some Hoosier voters will hear state Treasurer Richard Mourdock’s voice in their mailbox this week.
American Bridge strikes again with a talking mail piece, and this time it features the GOP Senate nominee’s controversial comment from last week’s debate that pregnancy from rape is “something God intended to happen.”
The Indiana Senate race between Mourdock and Rep. Joe Donnelly (D) is one of the most competitive in the country. Roll Call rates it as a Tossup.
The $30,000 mail buy will target independent voters, according to an aide from the Democratic group. Here’s a demonstration from American Bridge:
American Bridge issued a similar talking mailer in the Missouri Senate race that quoted Rep. Todd Akin’s (R) “legitimate rape” comment.