- McConnell Would Remove Limits on Party Spending
- Venezuela Opposition Politician Gunned Down
- Trump Embraces Roughness at Rallies
- Obama May Defy Congress on Guantanamo
- Introducing: Political Wire Memberships
Posted at 6:47 p.m. on March 22, 2012
The Club for Growth backed former Rep. David McIntosh’s (R) comeback bid in Indiana’s open 5th district today.
“David McIntosh has long been a champion of economic freedom, and we are excited to endorse his candidacy,” Club for Growth President Chris Chocola said in a statement.
McIntosh is in a crowded field of GOP candidates seeking retiring Rep. Dan Burton’s (R) seat in central Indiana. The club’s support will only boost the former Member ahead of the May 8 primary.
In addition to McIntosh, former U.S. Attorney Susan Brooks, attorney Jack Lugar, former Marion County Coroner John McGoff and Marion Mayor Wayne Seybold are seeking the GOP nomination.
Roll Call rates the 5th district as Safe Republican.