- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
Indiana: Harry Reid Fundraising for Joe Donnelly
Posted at 12:01 a.m. on May 24, 2012
Rep. Joe Donnelly’s (D) Senate campaign will have some fundraising help from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (Nev.) next month.
The Senate’s top Democrat will host his first event for Donnelly on June 6 in Washington, D.C., according to the candidate’s campaign.
Donnelly will likely welcome the help, given the fight ahead of him. He faces the newly minted GOP nominee, state Treasurer Richard Mourdock, this November.
Roll Call rates this race as Leans Republican, but Democrats contend it is competitive. Donnelly released an internal poll last week showing him tied with Mourdock at 40 percent in early May.
No independent polls of the race have been released since Mourdock defeated six-term Sen. Dick Lugar in the Republican primary earlier this month.