- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
- Several Ohio Democrats Considering Senate Primary
- Democrats Set National Convention Date for 2016
- First Race Ratings for Gubernatorial Contests Revealed
- Democrats Could Face Primary Mess in Illinois Senate Race
Indiana: New Independent Poll Gives Richard Mourdock a 10-Point Lead
Posted at 11:13 a.m. on May 4, 2012
Sen. Dick Lugar (R-Ind.) trailed his primary opponent by 10 points in a new independent poll released today.
In what will likely be the final independent survey released before Tuesday’s GOP primary, state Treasurer Richard Mourdock (R) led Lugar, 48 percent to 38 percent, in the Howey/DePauw University Indiana Battleground Poll.
The poll surveyed 700 likely Indiana GOP primary voters on April 30 and May 1. The margin of error was 3.7 points. Here’s a copy of the full polling memo below:
Rep. Joe Donnelly is the likely Democratic nominee. He’ll face the winner of the GOP primary.