- White House Now Insists Obama Has a Strategy for ISIS
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pence Will Visit Iowa
- Forecast Shows Democrats Outperforming Expectations
- Does Obama Have a Foreign Policy?
Iowa, Illinois GOP Chairmen Form New Firm | Shop Talk
Posted at 10:58 a.m. on June 26, 2013
Two former state GOP chairmen announced on Tuesday they formed a new Chicago-based venture, New Generation Public Affairs Inc.
Former Iowa GOP Chairman Matt Strawn and former Illinois GOP Chairman Pat Brady joined with Chicago-area businessman Bob Fitzsimmons to create the new firm that will, according to a release, “have a distinctive upper Midwest focus and initial offices in Chicago and Des Moines.”
Their announcement comes about a month after Brady resigned from his post following his declaration of support for same-sex marriage — an announcement that angered some local party members. After three productive years at the state party, Strawn left his role earlier this year in the midst of continued fallout from the GOP’s handling of the Iowa caucuses.
The three principals’ portfolios will include:
- Strawn will specialize in messaging, public relations and digital technology.
- Brady will focus on government affairs, media, issue advocacy and messaging.
- Fitzsimmons, an attorney and investment adviser, will concentrate on the financial aspects of the new organization’s capital and transactions practice.