- Democrats Have Early Favorite House Pickup Opportunity
- Top Democratic Campaign Staffers Chart 2016 Paths
- Ex-Rep. Brad Schneider Inches Closer to Rematch in Illinois
- Democrat Back for Rematch With Freshman Republican
- DCCC Robocalls Target GOP on DHS Funding
Iowa: Tom Latham Defeats Leonard Boswell in Member-Vs.-Member Race
Posted at 12:36 a.m. on Nov. 7, 2012
Rep. Tom Latham (R) defeated his colleague, Rep. Leonard Boswell (D), in their 3rd district matchup tonight.
Latham had an 8-point lead over his Democratic opponent with 93 percent of precincts reporting in the southwestern Iowa district, according to the Associated Press.
A top ally of Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), Latham raised considerably more money than Boswell did. But the Democrat had a geographical advantage in this Tossup race, with more of his old district included in the new one.
Boswell’s defeat marks the first Member to lose to a colleague tonight.
In Ohio, Rep. Jim Renacci (R) leads Rep. Betty Sutton (D) in the 16th district by a slim 4-point margin, but with only 57 percent of precincts reporting. The Associated Press has not called that race yet.