- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
Israel Returns for Second Round as Chairman of the DCCC
Posted at 11 p.m. on Nov. 14, 2012
Israel will run the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee again in 2014.
Pelosi made the impromptu announcement to her colleagues at their morning meeting —much to Israel’s surprise, according to a source. The caucus responded with a standing ovation and cheered, “two more years.”
Israel guided the committee this cycle to pick up seven seats, although a few races have yet to be called.
As long as these gains hold, House Democrats must pick up 18 seats to win the majority in 2014.