- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Jack Kingston Raised $270K at Senate Fundraiser #GASEN
Posted at 3:43 p.m. on May 6, 2013
Rep. Jack Kingston, R-Ga., announced he raised $270,000 at a fundraiser on May 3 — one day after he formally entered an already crowded primary for Senate.
The Kingston campaign boasted it set a fundraising record for an event in Savannah, surpassing the mark previously set by GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney last year.
Kingston raised $843,000 in the first quarter of the year, as speculation swirled around whether he would run for the seat of retiring Sen. Saxby Chambliss. The campaign said he has now raised $1.2 million this year.
Fellow GOP Reps. Paul Broun and Phil Gingrey are also vying for the seat.
(See what other House members raised in Roll Call’s First-Quarter Fundraising Chart)