- 10 Races to Watch in 2016: Pennsylvania Senate
- How Jeb Bush Affects the Florida Senate Race
- Veteran GOP Fundraiser Moves On After 37 Years
- Will Russ Feingold Be Haunted by Campaign Problems Past?
- McSally Win Gives Republicans Another House Seat (Updated)
John Barrow Raises $580,000 in Second Quarter
Posted at 4:49 p.m. on July 10
Rep. John Barrow, a Georgia Democrat and perpetual GOP target, raised $580,000 in the second quarter, according to figures provided first to CQ Roll Call.
Barrow’s three-month haul brings his total cash on hand to $1.9 million as of June 30.
One of the most moderate Democrats in the House, Barrow is running for re-election in a district Mitt Romney carried by 12 points in 2012. He faces construction company owner Rick Allen, who earned the GOP nomination in a crowded May 20 primary.
Allen has yet to release his second quarter fundraising numbers — which cover the period between April 1 and June 30. They are due to the Federal Election Commission by July 15.
As of April 30, ahead of the competitive primary, Allen had just $191,000 in the bank.
Georgia’s 12th District is rated as Leans Democratic by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.