- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Kelly Ayotte, John Thune Raise Money for Mitt Romney
Posted at 3:59 p.m. on March 15, 2012
Republican Sens. Kelly Ayotte (N.H.) and John Thune (S.D.) are scheduled to help raise money for presidential candidate Mitt Romney, according to an invitation to a March 27 fundraiser obtained by Roll Call.
Ayotte and Thune are headlining the gathering, which is billed as a “Young (and Young-ish) Professionals event.” The fundraiser is being organized by a group of mainly 30-something Washington, D.C.-based Republican operatives. Event “co-chairs” are charged with raising $5,000 each; “hosts” are tasked with raising $1,000 each. Individual tickets run $100 per person. The event is set for Lounge 201 on Capitol Hill.
Ayotte and Thune both endorsed Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, last November and were integral parts of his campaign in New Hampshire and Iowa, respectively.