- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Kirkpatrick Gets First GOP Challenger #AZ01
Posted at 9 a.m. on July 8, 2013
Republican state Rep. Adam Kwasman announced today an exploratory committee to challenge Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick, D-Ariz., a top target for the House GOP in 2014, according to a press release from his new campaign.
Kwasman is the first Republican enter the 1st District race this cycle, but it is likely other GOP candidates will chase the seat as well. He was also the subject of a recent Roll Call story on potential Republican challengers for Kirkpatrick.
Kirkpatrick was first elected to Congress in 2008. She lost re-election in 2010, but last year she won her comeback bid by 4 points.
The Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call rates this race as Tossup/Tilt Democrat.