- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
- Several Ohio Democrats Considering Senate Primary
- Democrats Set National Convention Date for 2016
- First Race Ratings for Gubernatorial Contests Revealed
- Democrats Could Face Primary Mess in Illinois Senate Race
Lindsey Graham Releases Last Ads Before GOP Primary
Posted at 1:33 p.m. on June 5, 2014
South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham released the final ads of his primary campaign for re-election Thursday.
Both ads — a 30-second TV spot and 60-second radio spot — feature Graham ticking off his efforts for conservative priorities, including fighting unions and the Affordable Care Act, supporting the military and the Keystone XL pipeline, and continuing to look into the 2012 deaths in Benghazi, Libya.
The ads are part of a “significant six-figure statewide” buy and come one day after a Clemson poll found Graham taking 49 percent of the vote, just shy of the majority he needs to escape a runoff against a handful of lesser-known challengers. He still had $3.7 million on hand as of May 21, the close of the pre-primary fundraising period.
“I’m fighting for our values against those who want to remake our country into something we don’t recognize,” Graham says in the radio ad.
- “Tough Questions”
- “Your Vote”