- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
Long Island Republican Airs First TV Ad
Posted at 5:21 p.m. on April 2
New York state Sen. Lee Zeldin launched his first TV ad of the 2014 campaign on Wednesday, a positive spot that highlights his legislative and military careers.
Zeldin, a top Republican recruit, is running in a competitive June 24 primary to take on Democratic Rep. Timothy H. Bishop in the Long Island-based 1st District. A Zeldin campaign source characterized the airtime purchase as “a substantial six-figure buy” on Fox News.
The spot highlights his family and career, and a female narrator promises that he will fight to “repeal and replace Obamacare.”
The general-election race is rated Leans Democratic by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.