- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Maryland: Redistricting Ends Roscoe Bartlett’s House Career
Posted at 10:04 p.m. on Nov. 6, 2012
Maryland Democrats succeeded tonight in their effort to redistrict Rep. Roscoe Bartlett (R) out of office.
Businessman John Delaney (D) defeated Bartlett, according to the Associated Press.
Bartlett was possibly the biggest loser in redistricting. State Democrats dramatically redrew his rural seat to incorporate suburban Washington, D.C., areas. Bartlett fought hard to hold his seat, but national Republicans never came to his aid on any substantial level.
The map that ended Bartlett’s career was so controversial that it was put to a ballot referendum tonight.