- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
McConnell Strikes Again on TV Against GOP Challenger | #KYSEN (Video)
Posted at 10:18 a.m. on Aug. 20, 2013
In his latest TV ad, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell attempts to undercut the credibility of his Republican primary challenger in Kentucky.
Referring to tea-party-backed Louisville businessman Matt Bevin as “Bailout Bevin,” the ad, supported by a six-figure buy, claims Bevin has prevaricated about past tax issues and his connection to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
A McConnell news release from this morning states that “it appears the only thing we really know about Matt Bailout Bevin is that he’s not a Kentucky conservative.”
The Bevin campaign responded swiftly, issuing a statement along with a picture of the certificate Bevin was issued from the EO/MIT Entrepreneurial Masters Program in 2008.
“Just when you think the lies can’t get any more ridiculous, Mitch McConnell proves that he’ll stoop to any level to hang on to his job,” Bevin said.