- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
Michigan: Members Choose Sides in Hansen Clarke-Gary Peters Race
Posted at 11 p.m. on July 18, 2012
A few House Democrats have picked sides in the approaching primary between Reps. Gary Peters and Hansen Clarke, according to their finance reports.
Democratic Reps. John Larson (Conn.) and Norm Dicks (Wash.) donated to Peters through their committees. Democratic Reps. Marcia Fudge (Ohio) and Mike Honda (Calif.) gave to Clarke through their campaigns.
Michigan lost a House seat because of population loss, and Republicans in the Legislature dismantled the Detroit area seats in their redraw of the Congressional map last year, prompting the Clarke and Peters matchup.
The two lawmakers will face off Aug. 7. The winner of the primary in the Democratic stronghold will likely be the next Member of Congress for the 14th district.