- CPAC Campaign Boot Camp Trains GOP to Catch Up
- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
- Vulnerable GOP Senators Steer Clear of CPAC
- Congressional Republicans All Over CPAC Lineup
- House Democrats Get Better Odds in California Senate Race
Michigan: Ronna Romney McDaniel Will Not Run for Senate
Posted at 6:36 p.m. on April 2, 2013
Romney McDaniel considered the race last month after her father, Scott Romney, passed on a run.
But she cited family obligations as her ultimate reason not to run, telling the newspaper, “It’s not the right time to put my kids through something like that.”
Democrats have the advantage in the race for Levin’s seat given Michigan’s recent voting history. Potential Democratic candidates include Debbie Dingell, the wife of longtime Rep. John D. Dingell, and Reps. Gary Peters and Dan Kildee.