- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Michigan: SEIU Backs Peters Over Clarke for Detroit Seat
Posted at 11:58 p.m. on Feb. 8, 2012
Rep. Gary Peters (D) picked up the endorsement of the Service Employees International Union Michigan State Council on Wednesday.
“With the SEIU joining a growing number of labor unions supporting my candidacy, I am confident that we will be successful in our grassroots campaign to strengthen the economy and help families in the Greater Detroit region,” Peters said in a statement.
Peters faces fellow Democratic Rep. Hansen Clarke and Southfield Mayor Brenda Lawrence in the Aug. 7 primary. The Detroit-area district strongly favors Democrats, and the winner of this primary will most likely win the seat.