- Not Throwing the Bums Out This Year
- Judge Says Colorado Gay Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Todd Akin Takes Back His Apology
- Alec Baldwin Developing TV Show Based on Rob Ford
- Scott Holds Edge in Close Florida Race
Minnesota: Kurt Bills Picks Up State GOP Senate Endorsement
Posted at 12:01 a.m. on May 22, 2012
State Rep. Kurt Bills has won the Minnesota GOP endorsement to challenge Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D).
“Congratulations to Kurt Bills on receiving the Republican endorsement to run for US Senate,” state GOP Chairman Pat Shortridge and Deputy Chairwoman Kelly Fenton wrote in a joint statement.
Veteran Pete Hegseth (R) announced his candidacy in early March and quickly picked up establishment support. But supporters of Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) made an organized push for Bills at the state party convention. One national Republican supporter of Hegseth called the results “disappointing.”
Several other candidates are vying for the GOP nod in the statewide Aug. 14 primary, including former state Rep. Dan “Doc” Severson. Roll Call rates this race as Safe Democratic.