- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Monday Fundraising Roundup: Deadline Day
Posted at 6:48 p.m. on July 15, 2013
The second-quarter reporting due date arrived Monday, spurring a flurry of fundraising announcements ahead of the midnight deadline.
Look for CQ Roll Call’s fundraising charts to detail counts from every 2014 Senate race, as well as dozens of top House races, in the coming days.
In the meantime, here’s a round up of Monday’s second-quarter fundraising announcements.
- #AKSEN: Democratic Sen. Mark Begich raised $993,000 and will report a little more than $2 million in the bank.
- #ARSEN: Democratic Sen. Mark Pryor raised $1.2 million and “had nearly” $4 million in cash on hand, according to a campaign release.
- #DESEN: Democratic Sen. Chris Coons raised $1.1 million and reported a little more than $2 million in cash on hand, according to his FEC report.
- #GASEN: Republican Rep. Phil Gingrey raised $415,000 and has $2.6 million in the bank, per Georgia Tipsheet, for a bid for retiring Sen. Saxby Chambliss’s seat.
- #NCSEN: Republican Rep. Renee Ellmers raised $158,000 and reported $180,000 in cash on hand. She has not ruled out a challenge to Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan, although local operatives say it’s doubtful she will run.
- #TXSEN: Republican Sen. John Cornyn raised $2.3 million and will report $5.85 million in cash on hand, per a campaign release.
- #AL01: Former GOP state Rep. Bradley Byrne raised $76,000 and will report $74,000 in cash on hand, according to a campaign spokesman. He is running in the race to replace GOP Rep. Jo Bonner, who is expected to resign later in the summer.
- #CA31: Republican Rep. Gary G. Miller raised $238,000 and reported $575,000 in cash on hand, according to his FEC report.
- #FL13: Attorney Jessica Ehrlich raised $154,000 in the second quarter and will report $131,000 in cash on hand, according to a campaign release. She is challenging Republican Rep. C.W. Bill Young, who raised $86,000 and reported $243,000 in cash on hand, per his FEC report.
- #GA12: Democratic Rep. John Barrow raised $484,000 and will report $829,000 in cash on hand, according to a campaign spokesman.
- #IL13: Former Miss America Erika Harold raised $78,000 in her bid to primary fellow Republican Rep. Rodney Davis, according to her FEC report. She will report $62,000 in cash on hand. Davis raised far more money than Harold in the second quarter.
- #MN06: Republican ex-state Rep. Tom Emmer raised $225,000 and reported $214,000, according to his FEC report. He is running in the open-seat race replace retiring GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann.
- #NC07: Democratic Rep. Mike McIntyre raised $236,000 and will report more than $383,000 in cash on hand, according to a campaign release. His GOP rival, former state Sen. David Rouzer, raised $182,000 and will report $168,000 in cash on hand, according to his FEC report. Of that sum, about $45,000 came in the form of loans and in-kind donations from the candidate.
- #NY23: Democratic Tompkins County Legislator Martha Robertson raised $278,000 in the second quarter and will report $248,000 in cash on hand.
- #PA13: Former Democratic Rep. Marjorie Margolies lagged behind her primary rivals in fundraising. This is an open-seat race to replace Democratic Rep. Allyson Y. Schwartz, who is running for Pennsylvania governor in 2014.
- #UT04: Republican Sarasota Springs Mayor Mia Love raised $476,000 and will report $456,000 in cash on hand, according to a campaign release.
Matthew Lowe, Shira Toeplitz and Kyle Trygstad contributed to this report.