- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
New Jersey: Pascrell Opts Out of Gubernatorial Bid
Posted at 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 28, 2013
Democratic Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr. of New Jersey will not be running for governor, despite finding the office “intriguing” in December.
In a joint press release with the Democratic leadership of the three counties he represents, Bergen, Hudson and Passaic, Pascrell announced that he was endorsing state Sen. Barbara Buono for governor.
No other serious Democratic candidate has emerged, and this is a show of establishment support behind Buono.
Should she win her party’s nomination, she will challenge popular Republican Gov. Chris Christie in November of this year.