- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
New Jersey: Pascrell Opts Out of Gubernatorial Bid
Posted at 6:30 p.m. on Jan. 28, 2013
Democratic Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr. of New Jersey will not be running for governor, despite finding the office “intriguing” in December.
In a joint press release with the Democratic leadership of the three counties he represents, Bergen, Hudson and Passaic, Pascrell announced that he was endorsing state Sen. Barbara Buono for governor.
No other serious Democratic candidate has emerged, and this is a show of establishment support behind Buono.
Should she win her party’s nomination, she will challenge popular Republican Gov. Chris Christie in November of this year.