- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
New Mexico: Bill Clinton Robocalls For Marty Chávez
Posted at 12:01 a.m. on May 16, 2012
President Bill Clinton is making his presence felt in yet another Democratic House primary.
Clinton, who already endorsed Marty Chávez, can now be heard on a robocall for the former Albuquerque mayor, who is in a heated three-way race in the 1st district.
“I strongly encourage you to vote for Marty Chávez,” Clinton says in the call. “He’s a proven problem-solver. We need somebody who can get things done in Washington with practical ideas, that in the end, no amount of partisan extremism on the other side can resist. Again, this is Bill Clinton, asking you to vote for my friend Marty Chávez.”
Chávez faces state Sen. Eric Griego and Bernalillo County Commissioner Michelle Lujan Grisham in the June 5 primary. The winner will be the heavy favorite in November. Roll Call rates the general election race as Likely Democratic.