- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
New Mexico: Balderas, Griego Headline Convention
Posted at 11:56 p.m. on March 12, 2012
Senate candidate Hector Balderas outperformed expectations, and state Sen. Eric Griego finished on top among 1st district candidates over the weekend at New Mexico’s Democratic Party convention to decide primary ballot position.
Balderas, the state auditor, took 45 percent of the delegate vote against Rep. Martin Heinrich, the Senate frontrunner. Griego took 41 percent to 33 percent for former Albuquerque Mayor Marty Chávez and 26 percent for Bernalillo County Commissioner Michelle Lujan Grisham.
Heinrich is still favored to win the June 5 primary, while the three-way battle for the 1st district remains up for grabs.