- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
New York: NRCC Cancels Buy After IE Group Moves In
Posted at 7:13 p.m. on Oct. 10, 2012
The independent expenditure arm of the National Republican Congressional Committee has canceled three weeks of television in the Buffalo media market that would have been aimed at vulnerable Rep. Kathy Hochul (D) after the GOP-aligned American Action Network came into the district with $600,000 worth of television time from Oct. 12 through Election Day.
The NRCC has canceled time from Oct. 16 to Nov. 6 worth about $375,000.
A third-party group that supports Democrats, House Majority PAC, has also been playing heavily in the race. It began airing its second ad today, part of a previously announced $500,000 effort:
The NRCC has already aired ads in the district, such as this one:
Roll Call rates the race as a Tossup.