- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
- Is Rick Perry Really Ready for 2016?
North Carolina: Shuler to Run Government Affairs for Energy Giant
Posted at 7:43 p.m. on Nov. 26, 2012
Duke Energy, the largest electric power holding company in the country, announced Monday that retiring Rep. Heath Shuler, D-N.C., will be a senior vice president for federal government affairs for the behemoth utility.
The company said Shuler will work on building the D.C.-based federal affairs team and help inform employees about federal issues.
“Though I will be leaving public office, my family and I remain committed to public service,” Shuler said in a statement. “As a private citizen, I will also continue to promote deficit reduction efforts, increasing domestic energy production to put our country on a path to energy security and breaking through the hyper-partisan gridlock that plagues our great nation.”