NRCC Announces Regional Chairmen; DCCC Names Frankel, Pingree to ‘Women LEAD’ Effort
Posted at 1:14 p.m. on Feb. 26, 2013
The National Republican Congressional Committee announced Tuesday its new regional chairmen for the 2014 cycle. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee named Reps. Chellie Pingree of Maine and Lois Frankel of Florida as leaders of the committee’s “Women LEAD” campaign, aimed at recruiting and supporting female candidates.
The NRCC regional chairmen are:
- Alabama Rep. Martha Roby, who will serve as the Southern regional chairwoman
- Montana Rep. Steve Daines, who will serve as the central west regional chairman
- Illinois Rep. Adam Kinzinger, who will serve as the Midwest regional chairman
- California Rep. Devin Nunes, who will serve as the western regional chairman
- New York Rep. Tom Reed, who will serve as the northeast regional chairman
Rep. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee will help oversee the NRCC’s regional efforts as regional vice chairwoman for the committee. “I have seen first-hand Marsha’s commitment to her constituents and her colleagues in the House, and I know that she we will be a tireless advocate for the Republican Majority in 2014,” NRCC Chairman Greg Walden of Oregon said in a statement.
DCCC Chairman Steve Israel of New York praised Frankel, a freshman, and Pingree in a statement.
“Their commitment to the cause of women’s rights, and their natural leadership will expand opportunity for all women,” he said. “The facts are clear: When women vote, Democrats win. Bringing even more Democratic women into the political process is a winning formula for our party.”
Democrats need to net 17 seats this cycle to win the House majority.