NRCC Locks In Third Clip of Young Guns
Posted at 11:58 a.m. on July 12, 2012
Maine Senate President Kevin Raye, who is running in the state's 2nd district, was one of seven candidates announced in a new round of the NRCC's Young Guns today. (Douglas Graham/CQ Roll Call File Photo)
The National Republican Congressional Committee today announced its third round of Young Guns — candidates who have reached the highest tier of the committee’s recruitment and candidate support program.
The seven new candidates are:
- Former state House Majority Leader Adam Hasner, running in Florida’s open 22nd district
- Attorney Ben Lange, running in Iowa’s 1st district against Rep. Bruce Braley (D)
- John Deere attorney John Archer, running in Iowa’s 2nd district against Rep. Dave Loebsack (D)
- State Senate President Kevin Raye, running in Maine’s 2nd district against Rep. Mike Michaud (D)
- State Public Service Commissioner Kevin Cramer, running in North Dakota’s open at-large seat
- Businessman Danny Tarkanian, running in Nevada’s open 4th district
- Former Erie County Executive Chris Collins, running New York’s 27th district against freshman Rep. Kathy Hochul (D)
“The momentum behind these campaigns is proof-positive that Americans are fed up with President Obama’s policies that spend too much, tax too much and borrow too much at the expense of hard-working families,” NRCC Chairman Pete Sessions (Texas) said in a statement.
The NRCC announced the first slate of Young Gun candidates in May and the second slate in June.