- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
NRCC Makes Small Ad Buys In Arizona, Georgia, Minnesota
Posted at 2:33 p.m. on March 29, 2013
The National Republican Congressional Committee has bought airtime in three television markets in the next week, according to a Democrat and a Republican who monitor media buys.
The small buys target competitive districts home to Democratic incumbents:
- Arizona’s 2nd District: $3,585 in the Tucson market targeting Rep. Ron Barber;
- Georgia’s 12th District: $2,750 in the Augusta media market targeting Rep. John Barrow; and
- Minnesota’s 7th District: $1,540 in Minneapolis media market targeting Rep. Collin C. Peterson.
These buys are minimal for television advertisements, but a well-placed GOP source cautioned the initial figures do not reflect the NRCC’s full upcoming advertising spending — and additional spending could be on the way soon.