- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
NRCC Raised $4.4 Million in January
Posted at 12:06 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2013
The National Republican Congressional Committee raised $4.4 million in January.
Ohio Rep. Steve Stivers, the committee’s vice chairman for finance, made the announcement Wednesday morning to the House Republican Conference, which responded with cheers, according to a source in the room.
Stivers told House Republicans it was the NRCC’s best haul for a January in an odd-numbered year since 2007.
The NRCC ended last month with $2.8 million in cash on hand.The committee paid off $1 million of its debt in January, leaving it $11 million in debt at the end of that month.
At the conference meeting, a number of members announced sizable donations to the NRCC. Rep. John Campbell of California said he was giving more than $250,000 to the committee.
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has not yet released its January fundraising numbers, which are not due to Federal Election Commission until next week.