- New DCCC Chairman Rides on Air Force One
- DSCC Announces 2016 Staff Roster
- Freshman Class Filled With Losers
- Democrats Look for Comebacks From Members Ousted in 2010
- Kelly Ward Will Stay on as DCCC Executive Director
NRCC Raises $14.4 Million at Annual March Dinner
Posted at 10:30 p.m. on March 20, 2013
The National Republican Congressional Committee raised a record $14.4 million off of its Wednesday evening fundraising dinner, according to a committee source.
Also at the dinner, Speaker John A. Boehner of Ohio praised former NRCC Chairman Pete Sessions’ work over the past two cycles to gain and hold the Republican House majority.
“This was supposed to be the president’s honeymoon and our nightmare,” Boehner said, according to his prepared remarks. “Instead, he’s been the one on the ropes. Why? Because of the people in this room. Because he can’t respond to our simple question: We’re going to balance the budget. How will you?”
The 2013 fundraising figure topped the NRCC’s $12 million haul from last year, when South Carolina Gov. Nikki R. Haley was the keynote speaker.