- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
NRCC Raises $14.4 Million at Annual March Dinner
Posted at 10:30 p.m. on March 20, 2013
The National Republican Congressional Committee raised a record $14.4 million off of its Wednesday evening fundraising dinner, according to a committee source.
“This was supposed to be the president’s honeymoon and our nightmare,” Boehner said, according to his prepared remarks. “Instead, he’s been the one on the ropes. Why? Because of the people in this room. Because he can’t respond to our simple question: We’re going to balance the budget. How will you?”
The 2013 fundraising figure topped the NRCC’s $12 million haul from last year, when South Carolina Gov. Nikki R. Haley was the keynote speaker.