- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
NRCC Raises $14.4 Million at Annual March Dinner
Posted at 10:30 p.m. on March 20, 2013
The National Republican Congressional Committee raised a record $14.4 million off of its Wednesday evening fundraising dinner, according to a committee source.
Also at the dinner, Speaker John A. Boehner of Ohio praised former NRCC Chairman Pete Sessions’ work over the past two cycles to gain and hold the Republican House majority.
“This was supposed to be the president’s honeymoon and our nightmare,” Boehner said, according to his prepared remarks. “Instead, he’s been the one on the ropes. Why? Because of the people in this room. Because he can’t respond to our simple question: We’re going to balance the budget. How will you?”
The 2013 fundraising figure topped the NRCC’s $12 million haul from last year, when South Carolina Gov. Nikki R. Haley was the keynote speaker.