- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Ohio: Sherrod Brown Holds On to Senate Seat
Posted at 9:35 p.m. on Nov. 6, 2012
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D) will return to Congress for a second term, according to the Associated Press. He defeated state Treasurer Josh Mandel (R).
Thanks to inroads the GOP made during the 2010 midterms, Brown was viewed as one of the most vulnerable incumbents this year. But his political skills proved dogged, and he seemed to have the upper hand for most of the cycle.