- Tim Scott Lauds Possible Lindsey Graham 2016 Campaign
- Top GOP Ad-Maker Recovering From Cardiac Arrest
- Why Even Democrats Love Talking About Joni Ernst
- Democrats Court Ex-Congressman for Rematch
- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
Oklahoma: Markwayne Mullin Treated for Tear in Esophagus
Posted at 11 p.m. on Sept. 11, 2012
Plumbing company owner Markwayne Mullin made an unexpected trip to the hospital over the weekend to treat “a small tear” in his esophagus, according to the 2nd district GOP nominee’s Facebook page.
“I’m feeling much better now and the Doctors and Nurses are doing a great job,” Mullin wrote on Sunday. “I’ll be in the hospital until about the end of the week as they keep an eye on me but then I’ll be back on the campaign trail.”
Mullin faces former Assistant District Attorney Rob Wallace (D) in an open-seat race generated by Rep. Dan Boren’s (D) retirement.
Mullin is favored to win the seat despite his brief break from the campaign trail.
Roll Call rates this race as Leans Republican.