- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
Gay Republican Challenges Carol Shea-Porter | #NH01
Posted at 9:38 a.m. on Oct. 9, 2013
University of New Hampshire Dean of Business and Economics Dan Innis announced Wednesday that he will run for the GOP nomination for New Hampshire’s 1st District, a top House target for Republicans in 2014.
“I believe we need new leaders,” Innis said in his announcement. “I’m running for Congress to give New Hampshire a stronger voice in Washington on the things that really matter to us.”
Innis is gay and mentioned his husband in the video.
Rep. Carol Shea-Porter, a Democrat, currently holds this competitive district. Innis’ announcement sets up a primary with former Rep. Frank Guinta, another Republican who recently declared his candidacy as well.
The race is rated Tilts Democratic by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.