Paul Ryan Rakes In Big Bucks in Second Quarter
Posted at 6:27 p.m. on July 8, 2013
Ryan raised a lot of money in the second quarter. (Photo By Douglas Graham/CQ Roll Call File Photo)
Several campaigns released their fundraising figures today, following the holiday weekend. The reporting period ended June 30, but House and Senate campaigns have until July 15 to report their figures to the Federal Election Commission.
Here are some of the new figures released on Monday:
- #MISEN: Rep. Gary Peters raised more than $1 million in the second quarter and has $1.8 million in the bank.
- #WI01: Rep. Paul D. Ryan raised $1.1 million and reported nearly $2.2 million in the bank, according to his campaign fundraising report.
- #FL18: Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy raised more than $520,000 and has $1 million in the bank, according to a campaign press release.
- #PA07: Republican Rep. Patrick Meehan raised $402,0000 in the 2nd quarter and has $1.4 million in cash on hand, according to national Republican sources.
- #IL13: Rep. Rodney Davis raised more than $450,000 and will report having more than $700,000 in cash on hand.
- #PA08: Veteran Kevin Strouse, a Democrat, raised $254,000 and has about $218,000 in the bank to challenge Rep. Michael G. Fitzpatrick, R-Pa., according to PoliticsPA.
- #PA09: Transportation Committee Chairman Bill Shuster, R-Pa., raised a whopping $647,000. He report $916,000 in cash on hand, according to PoliticsPA.
- #PA13: Medical Professor Valerie Arkoosh raised $285,000 in the second quarter for her campaign to succeed Rep. Allyson Y. Schwartz, D-Pa., who is running for governor, according to PoliticsPA.
Emily Cahn, Matthew Lowe and Shira Toeplitz contributed to this report.