- Democrats Have Early Favorite House Pickup Opportunity
- Top Democratic Campaign Staffers Chart 2016 Paths
- Ex-Rep. Brad Schneider Inches Closer to Rematch in Illinois
- Democrat Back for Rematch With Freshman Republican
- DCCC Robocalls Target GOP on DHS Funding
Pennsylvania: Mike Fitzpatrick Airs First TV Spot
Posted at 12:10 p.m. on Sept. 12, 2012
Updated | 2:06 p.m. Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.) will air his first television advertisement of the general election today against his opponent, attorney Kathy Boockvar (D).
Fitzpatrick’s first spot focuses on his daughters.
“As parents, my wife and I worked to give our kids a strong future,” Fitzpatrick says. “But if our country doesn’t change course, our kids won’t have the same opportunities we had.”
Fitzpatrick follows Boockvar, who hit the airwaves with her first ad several weeks ago. The race is somewhat competitive, and Roll Call rates it as Leans Republican.
The spot will run on cable, according to PoliticsPA.com, which first reported the ad. The southeastern Pennsylvania House district is covered by the pricey Philadelphia media market, so it’s common for candidates to run cable spots here.
Fitzpatrick’s campaign manager, Faith Bender, confirmed that the ad buy is for $100,000 in cable over two weeks.