- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Pennsylvania: Patrick Meehan Brings in Almost $500,000
Posted at 11 p.m. on July 9, 2012
Rep. Patrick Meehan (R) raised almost $500,000 in the second quarter — a torrid fundraising pace for a freshman facing minimal opposition for re-election.
Meehan will report $1.4 million in the bank, according to a source close to the campaign. Democrats do not plan to target his southeastern Pennsylvania district.
The Democratic nominee is attorney George Badey. A phone message seeking comment from the Badey campaign was not returned.