- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
- Several Ohio Democrats Considering Senate Primary
- Democrats Set National Convention Date for 2016
- First Race Ratings for Gubernatorial Contests Revealed
- Democrats Could Face Primary Mess in Illinois Senate Race
Pro-McConnell Super PAC Hits Airwaves #KYSEN
Posted at 12:36 p.m. on June 25, 2013
A super PAC supporting the re-election of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell launched its first TV ad of the cycle on Tuesday.
The $260,000 ad buy from Kentuckians for Strong Leadership targets a prospective McConnell challenger, Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, who has yet to announce whether she will run. The ad ties Grimes to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and President Barack Obama.
Watch “Rubber Stamp” here:
The ad comes one week after a Democratic super PAC and its issue advocacy affiliate launched a $250,000 ad buy against McConnell, the first part of an ongoing media campaign they intend to continue through November 2014. The groups launched new digital ads on Tuesday that will run on Pandora, Google and Facebook.
Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call rates the race Republican Favored.