- CPAC Campaign Boot Camp Trains GOP to Catch Up
- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
- Vulnerable GOP Senators Steer Clear of CPAC
- Congressional Republicans All Over CPAC Lineup
- House Democrats Get Better Odds in California Senate Race
Pro-McConnell Super PAC Slams Democrat on Coal
Posted at 5:01 p.m. on Jan. 16, 2014
Kentuckians for Strong Leadership, a super PAC backing Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has hit the radio airwaves with an ad that slams his Democratic rival over the issue of coal.
The minute-long ad rails against Democratic Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes on the issue of coal.
The spot is called “Gold.” The statewide buy is worth $85,000 and will air “over the next few days,” according to a news release.
Coal is a dominant issue in this particular campaign. This is not the first time this cycle that this group has come after her on the issue. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce also aired a television ad on coal in the race.
The race is rated Leans Republican by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.