- Trump Could Ensure Democratic Dominance for Years
- Reports Claim Alabama Governor Had an Affair
- Bonus Trump Quote of the Day
- Why Is Jeb Bush Going After Donald Trump?
- Trump and Clinton Maintain Wide Leads in Iowa
Posted at 1:27 p.m. on April 9, 2014
The Republican will report about $500,000 in cash on hand as of the end of March, according to figures provided to CQ Roll Call.
Jenkins, a former Democrat, is shaping up as Rahall’s most competitive rival in decades, and the incumbent is already the target of outside spending. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee recently added Rahall to its incumbent protection program.
Update: Rahall raised $325,000 in the first quarter and will report about $1.1 million in cash on hand, as of the end of March, according to a Rahall campaign spokesman.
First-quarter reports are due to the Federal Election Commission on April 15.
West Virginia’s 3rd District is rated a Tossup by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call.