Remainders: A Very Special, Special Election
Posted at 5:19 p.m. on May 6
Keep an eye on Roll Call and this blog for ongoing coverage of former Gov. Mark Sanford’s bid to come back to Congress via the 1st District special election. It could really happen on Tuesday.
Until then, here’s what you might have missed “At the Races” on Monday …
- #GASEN: GOP Rep. Jack Kingston raised more than a quarter-million dollars at a fundraiser for his Senate campaign to replace retiring Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga.
- #IASEN: Since Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, declined to run for Senate, Republicans are on the prowl for a new candidate.
- #CA31: Two of former Rep. Joe Baca’s, D-Calif., Democratic House colleagues are not backing his congressional comeback bid. The blood feud continues!
- #SC01: Polls close at 7 p.m. EDT Tuesday for the special election between Sanford and the Democratic nominee, Elizabeth Colbert Busch.
What we’re mulling on Monday …
- Somebody hacked the National Republican Congressional Committee’s website on Sunday, via @EvanMcSan.
- CQ Roll Call has a new Senate blog, “World’s Greatest Deliberative Body,” via #WGDB.
- We have a new boss, via CQ Roll Call. Congrats to Roll Call’s new politics editor, Shira Toeplitz!