- 10 Races to Watch in 2016: Nevada Senate
- 10 Races to Watch in 2016: North Carolina Senate
- 10 Races to Watch in 2016: Florida's 2nd District
- 10 Races to Watch in 2016: New York's 11th District
- Ex-Congressman Considers Seeking Grimm's Seat
Bobby Schilling Eyes Rematch #IL17
Posted at 3:59 p.m. on June 10, 2013
Former Rep. Bobby Schilling, R-Ill., is eyeing a rematch with freshman Democratic Rep. Cheri Bustos in Illinois’ 17th District, according to a local report.
Schilling, who lost to Bustos in 2012 by 6 points, told the Quad City Times that his race last cycle was “an impossible task” with President Barack Obama on the top of the ticket.
But in a midterm election year, where turnout favors the party not in the White House, Schilling said he is “leaning toward” a rematch.
Thus far, no Republican has announced a bid in the 17th District, which Obama carried with 57 percent in 2012.
Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call rates this race as Democrat Favored.