- Ron DeSantis Announces Florida Senate Bid
- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
Republican Announces Bid for Gerlach Seat in Pennsylvania (Updated)
Posted at 2:32 p.m. on Jan. 15, 2014
State Sen. John Rafferty is also eyeing a bid, Republican operatives say.
Businessman Mike Parrish, who filed federal paperwork to run for the seat before Gerlach’s announcement, is seeking the Democratic nomination for the seat. Democratic operatives describe him as a strong candidate.
Pennsylvania’s 6th District is rated a Lean Republican contest by Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call. GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney carried the district by a 2 point margin in 2012.
Updated 4:20 p.m. | Former state Rep. Sam Rohrer announced Wednesday afternoon that he will not seek the GOP nomination for the seat.
“I have prayerfully considered this decision, sought wise counsel from my family, pastors and my esteemed colleagues and have decided not to run for Congress,” Rohrer said in a news release.