- Larry Kudlow Says He Would Challenge Blumenthal Over Iran Deal
- DSCC Talking to Potential Burr Challengers in North Carolina
- Drowning in Weak Polling, How Long Can Lindsey Graham Stay in 2016 Race?
- Eric Cantor Emerges From Defeat to Back Jeb Bush in Virginia
- Former Senate Colleagues Could See Biden as President
GOP Lawmaker Challenges Loebsack #IA02
Posted at 4:59 p.m. on June 25, 2013
Lofgren marks Loebsack’s first challenger, but news reports say that Republican Mariannette Miller-Meeks is eyeing a run as well.
Loebsack has twice defeated Miller-Meeks, first by an 18-point margin in 2008 and later a 5-point margin in 2010.
Last cycle, Loebsack defeated Republican John Archer by a 13-point margin in the district. President Barack Obama won the district with 56 percent.
Rothenberg Political Report/Roll Call rates this a safe Democratic seat.