- Top GOP Ad-Maker Recovering From Cardiac Arrest
- Democrats Court Ex-Congressman for Rematch
- Why Even Democrats Love Talking About Joni Ernst
- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
- Jerry Moran Kicks Off 2016 Cycle With $1.4 Million War Chest
Rex Elsass Hires Ex-Hotline Editor for GOP Firm
Posted at 6:42 p.m. on Aug. 14, 2013
Quinn McCord, former managing editor at National Journal’s The Hotline, recently joined The Strategy Group Co. as a research associate.
“Research is a critical element of the services we provide our clients,” Strategy Group for Media CEO Rex Elsass said in a news release. “Quinn will be a strong fit for our research division as his experience and talents will undoubtedly enable our team to remain the industry’s leading source of factual, quality, and thorough opposition research packages.”
The Strategy Group Co. is the parent company of the GOP ad firm Strategy Group for Media. McCord, a longtime former staffer of The Hotline, has also worked for former Sen. Conrad Burns, R-Mont., and as a high school government teacher.
Disclosure: This reporter and Roll Call Politics Editor Shira Toeplitz worked with McCord at The Hotline.