- Eric Cantor Emerges From Defeat to Back Jeb Bush in Virginia
- Former Senate Colleagues Could See Biden as President
- Rand Paul in for the 'Long Haul' — But Can He Make It That Far?
- Parties Play Politics With FEC Complaints
- Illinois Congressional Candidate Scores Axelrod Endorsement
Romney Aide Heads to GOP Firm | Shop Talk
Posted at 7:03 p.m. on May 14, 2013
Longtime Mitt Romney aide Lou Tavares is a new vice president at SCM Associates, a Republican direct marketing firm.
Tavares’ work with Romney goes back seven years, to his time as general counsel during Romney’s stint as governor of Massachusetts. In the 2012 presidential campaign, Tavares held the title of staff secretary and senior adviser. He oversaw outgoing media from the campaign. Previously, he was the chief operating officer and counsel of Romney’s Free and Strong America PAC.
“I am very excited to welcome Lou Tavares to the SCM Associates team,” President Stephen C. Meyers said in a release. “His years of experience helping to manage complex national operations and cross-channel marketing programs for Mitt Romney will help us offer our clients an even more fully-integrated and consistent marketing program.”