- Tim Scott Lauds Possible Lindsey Graham 2016 Campaign
- Top GOP Ad-Maker Recovering From Cardiac Arrest
- Why Even Democrats Love Talking About Joni Ernst
- Democrats Court Ex-Congressman for Rematch
- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
Schwartz Hires New Spokesman for Pennsylvania Gubernatorial Campaign
Posted at 4:19 p.m. on Aug. 21, 2013
Democratic operative Mark Bergman is leaving Mission Control, a top Democratic direct mail firm, to become the communications director for Rep. Allyson Y. Schwartz’s 2014 gubernatorial bid in Pennsylvania.
Schwartz is one of several candidates running for the Democratic nomination and the chance to oust embattled GOP Gov. Tom Corbett.
While a senior strategist at Mission Control, Bergman worked on the campaigns of Democratic Reps. Brad Schneider, Robin Kelly of Illinois, John F. Tierney of Massachusetts and New Hampshire Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan.
Previously, Bergman served as communications director for former Rep. Paul Hodes’ bid for Senate in New Hampshire. He held a similar role for the Virginia Democratic Party.