- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Senate Candidates Report Strong Fundraising
Posted at 5:40 p.m. on Oct. 15, 2013
The biggest news out of Tuesday’s Senate fundraising? Kentucky Democratic Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes raised more than Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in the third quarter.
Several other Senate challengers and incumbents also announced their hauls from June through September:
- #ARSEN: Democratic Sen. Mark Pryor raised about $1.1 million and had $4.4 million in the bank. His GOP challenger, Rep. Tom Cotton, raised “just over $1 million” and had about $1.8 million in cash on hand, per National Journal.
- #COSEN: Democratic Sen. Mark Udall raised $1.1 million and had $4.1 million in cash on hand, per The Denver Post. Republican state Sen. Owen J. Hill raised $250,000 and had $190,000 on hand, according to KDVR.
- #KYSEN: Grimes outraised Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in the third quarter.
- #LASEN: Democratic Sen. Mary L. Landrieu raised $1.35 million and had $5.8 million in cash on hand, per a news release. Her Republican challenger, Rep. Bill Cassidy, raised “nearly $700,000″ and had $3.4 million in the bank, according to The Baton Rouge Advocate.
- #MNSEN: Democratic Sen. Al Franken raised $2 million and had $3.9 million in cash on hand, according to his Federal Election Commission report. He outraised his likely Republican challenger, finance executive Mike McFadden.
- #MTSEN: Republican Rep. Steve Daines raised $642,000 and had $1.1 million in the bank, per The Missoulian. Daines has not officially declared his run for Senate, but Republicans expect him to enter the race.
- #NCSEN: Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan raised $1.8 million and had $5.4 million in cash on hand, according to her FEC report.
- #NESEN: Former state Treasurer Shane Osborn raised $336,000 and had $427,000 in in the bank, while trial lawyer Bart McLeay raised $303,000 and had $260,000 in cash on hand, per The Omaha World Herald. CQ Roll Call previously reported that Midland University President Benjamin Sasse raised about $800,000.
- #SCSEN: Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham raised $1.2 million and had $7 million in cash on hand, per a news release.
- #WYSEN: Republican Liz Cheney raised $1 million, according to The Casper Star-Tribune. Sen. Michael B. Enzi, R-Wyo., announced he raised $848,000 in the third quarter. He will report $1.2 million in the bank, according to his campaign.