- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
Shop Talk: Carolyn Fiddler Joining AFT
Posted at 3:02 p.m. on March 27, 2012
Carolyn Fiddler is leaving the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee on Thursday for a new position with the American Federation of Teachers.
In an email, Fiddler said she will join the union in April for “an exciting new gig developing an aggressive and agile communications operation with AFT” as assistant director for communications and strategic response.
Fiddler has served for nearly two years as communications director at the DLCC, which works to win state legislative seats and chambers for Democrats. Before joining the DLCC in May 2010, Fiddler was director of external affairs at Media Matters for America. The Virginia native also served as deputy finance director and later communications director at the Virginia Democratic Party before attending law school at the College of William & Mary.
Read today’s Shop Talk column for more political industry news.